Monday, August 10, 2009

Banana Cookies


Hi everyone - its Paula...I know its been a really long time. Here is a recipe I tried today. Hope you like it! I had some over-ripe bananas I needed to use and instead of the old favorite, banana bread, I decided to try these cookies. They are moist and delicious - and the frosting! Well, you just have to try them for yourself--


Cookies-

1/2 cup butter, softened

1/4 cup Crisco shortening

3/4 cup brown sugar

1 egg

1/2 tsp vanilla

1/2 tsp banana flavoring (can omit and increase vanilla to 1 tsp)

2 lg ripe bananas - peeled and mashed

1 heaping TBS sour cream

1/4 tsp salt

1 tsp baking soda

2 cups flour

Cream together butter, shortening, and sugar. Add egg, flavorings, bananas and sour cream; beat well. Add dry ingredients; mix well. Drop by spoonfuls onto greased cookie sheet. Bake @ 350 for about 10 min. until bottoms are just lightly browned. Cool and frost.


Frosting- (the best part)

6 TBS brown sugar

1/4 cup whole milk or half and half

4 TBS butter

powdered sugar

1/2 tsp vanilla

Combine brown sugar, milk and butter in saucepan; bring to a rolling boil. Remove pan from heat and beat in enough powdered sugar to make frosting spreadable; beat in vanilla. As the frosting cools, it will become difficult to spread. If this happens, reheat in the microwave for a few seconds or add a bit more milk to thin it.







3 comments:

Claudine said...

They look scrumptious!! I made some banana cookies not too long ago that had frosting, but these and the frosting looks better. I will try them for sure. Love Ya!

David and Vicki Wardell Family said...

Okay, if I hadn't been speed reading the first time I would have known that you had the recipe. Didn't happen today, is on schedule for tomorrow!!!!!

Mama Groke said...

Paula, I am sorry I didn't read this before. I have been keeping up with you, just hadn't read it the last couple of weeks cause I knew your group was taking a break. I don't understand how you stay soooo skinny. If I didn't know better, I would question whether your a true "prince"--giggle. Thanks for sharing. Can't wait to try these.