Saturday, January 10, 2009

Super Simple Cherry Crisp



I found this recipe on the internet. I made it the other day to take to work for a birthday luncheon. It was delicious. And SO easy. I love the topping, so I doubled that part to put on top. (you can't have to much of the CRISP part, can you?) I served it with vanilla bean ice cream. You could also top with whipped topping or serve plain.



CHERRY CRISP
1 21OZ CAN CHERRY PIE FILLING


1/2 CUP FLOUR


1/2 CUP ROLLED OATS


2/3 CUP BROWN SUGAR


3/4 tsp CINNAMON


3/4 tsp NUTMEG


1/4 CUP CHOPPED PECANS


1/3 CUP MELTED BUTTER


Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease a 2 qt. baking dish. Pour pie filling into dish and spread evenly.


In a med. bowl, mix together flour, oats, sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Mix in melted butter. Crumble over pie filling. Sprinkle with chopped pecans.


Bake 30 min. or until the topping is golden brown. Allow to cool 15 min before serving.

I hope you try it-

Paula



3 comments:

Claudine said...

Looks delicious!! Another use for my bottled pie filling. I will try it. Maybe for Sunday dinner tomorrow. Mom

Connie and Joe said...

Could someone copy and paste the chili recipe to me in an email at jncsmalibu@aol.com? Connie

Anonymous said...

Hey, what about naming our "chick" Chicklett?